Pages

9.25.2013

DIY Spa Night

My best friend and I had a DIY Spa Night a few weeks ago. 
It's hard to see, but we have a face mask on. This DIY Spa Night was pretty easy... 
We lit some candles, put out fresh flowers, and watched a chick-flick while we got our spa-on!
We drank some cucumber/mint, and orange/lemon infused water, a glass (or two) of wine, then dark chocolate, strawberries, and grapes for dessert. 
Remove your makeup/wash your face using coconut oil. Make a scrub to exfoliate your face using sugar, olive oil, and honey (recipe here). Then make a face mask by blending together half an avocado, unflavored yogurt, and aloe vera
The avocado is hydrating, the yogurt is soothing, and the aloe tightens skin. Let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
We also made a mask for our hands. We blended a banana, honey, cream, and tea tree oil. We let that sit for 15 minutes. Just a note... some people can be sensitive to tea tree oil, so make sure you test a small area of skin first.
 It wasn't practical to have us both do a hair mask (mainly because it isn't super exciting to shower at someone else's house). Therefore, I purchased the stuff to make a deep conditioning treatment that my friend could take home with her. I did mine the next day. I used half and avocado and 3 tablespoons of coconut oil. I let it sit for an hour. I wrapped a towel around my neck, too... it's a little (a lot) messy, but leaves your hair soft and healthy!

That was our DIY Spa Night, super fun and super easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment