Pages

7.23.2013

Kale & Quinoa Salad

I love LGO's Shredded Kale & Quinoa Salad, but at $8.00 a pop, it's something I can't go out to enjoy too often. I decided it was time to try and make it at home. I omitted the preserved lemon rind in my recipe, since that is a flavor I don't particularly care for in the LGO version. If you do like the lemon flavor, finishing it off with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice will work, too!
Cook and cool Quinoa ahead of time, according to package instructions.

De-vain and chop one bunch of Kale. Place the Kale in a bowl with 1/4 cup Champagne Dressing (I use this store bought dressing, but here is a recipe to make your own dressing). Then massage the dressing and kale together with your hands. Set aside.

Slice 3 handfuls of Red Seedless Grapes, dice 1 Red Bell Pepper, add it to the bowl of Kale. 

Add 2 T. Sunflower Seeds, and 1-2 cups of cooled quinoa to the bowl. Drizzle another 1/4 cup of champagne dressing. Toss the salad.

Grate about 1 T. Parmigiano Reggiano and 1 T. Manchego Cheese on top of the salad, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment