Pages

7.06.2012

DIY Sea Salt Spray

surf spray
A few years back, my bestie and hair stylist gave me some Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray to help give my hair some grit and texture when allowing it to air dry. I liked it, but $24 for 4oz. didn't last me very long, so... I tried making my own sea salt spray!
Here is what I used: 8oz of warm water, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 tablespoon sea salt, 3 drops of essential oil (optional), and 1 t. of hair gel. Shake to combine, and pour into an empty spray bottle. 

I sprayed the mixture all over my already-dried hair and "scrunched" it with my hands and let it air dry. My clean hair definitely feels dirty (kind of like I spent the day in the ocean) and here are what the results looked like in my short, fine, super straight, color treated hair. 

I think it worked pretty well, but I think this would look best on someone with longer hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment