Pages

8.30.2010

Our Story...

This is how Mr. Man and I met, began dating, and eventually got married!
We met each other when I was a freshman in high school and he was a freshman in college. We had mutual friends and would end up hanging out with the same group of friends from time to time. One time, a group of us watched Moulin Rouge together. I decided it would be super fun to run up to Mr. Man and sing  "All You Need Is Love", while he, in return, would run away from me (CLEARLY it was love at first sight). 
Mr. Man traveled a little, and since we were not very close, we didn't keep in touch. A few years later, I was in college myself, and he lived in Arizona again. We both became youth staff leaders at our church, which put us in the same group of friends again. While some of us were hanging out, we came across an online contest to win tickets for the movie, "He's Just Not That Into You" (the title of the movie does not fit the ending of this story, but I digress...). You had to submit the best break-up story. We like free things, so we concocted a fake submission of Mr. Man taking me to New York, and after a bike ride through central park, he got down on one knee, and I told him I was in love with his best friend... great fake break-up story, right? Pretty sure its the exact same plot line from several romantic comedies, obviously we aren't very creative.
We "won" the contest (I am fairly certain that everyone who wrote a story received movie passes). But after that, we started talking to each other more... and hanging out... and going to movies (starting with "He's Just Not That Into You")... and taking day trips to Prescott... and going on bike rides (that didn't end in a break-up) and THEN, as we were watching SpongeBob SquarePants one night... he asked me to be his wife and I said YES!!! 
* I am so amazingly happy that I became the Mrs. to my Mr. Man in January 2010 *

No comments:

Post a Comment